Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thanks for all that

My partners in crime -- what a wonderful run it has been, has it not?
We robbed the world blind
Utterly hoodwinked
fooled the little dears into believing we were here to help
here to serve
while all the time
we cut flesh from their chemically suffused
bodies
flesh and useful bits of their psychic arsenal
draining them of the ability to think
straight
so obfuscating their ability to discern the wood
from the trees
that they poor souls
were convinced
still are
that they owe me
that they have not done enough
to save the pitiable planet they domicile upon.
If only they knew
but fat chance of that -- fat chance
for we served them a potent dish -- paid them a shekel
or two for their complicity
for their ill-informed agreement to bow
before the goddess of mal-informed consent

Poor dears
Poor, poor fools -- we have had such fun robbing you
blind
robbing and were I to say destroying you
would that be interpreted as hyperbole
or finally
finally taken as gospel truth?
I wonder
You see -- you are as good as dead.
To admit to yourselves how utterly
utterly misplaced your faith has been in our shallow beyond words
lies and deceptions
would break your little conclaves of remaining ego
And how to survive such a blow
I know not.
So die, dear ones, die
in ignominy
and know that no one aided your destruction more than your own
desperate desire to believe our bald concoction
of half-baked, scarcely credible  ramblings
more than yourselves -- for you so wanted to believe that reason
reason
reason and logic were enough -- that you could dispense with
sense itself
and the greatest faculty of all
the great know thyself no matter what
or else rot in hell
know the simple
simple truth that trumps time and again
the cleverest thoughts and ideas
policies, laws or theories of clever, soul
dis jointed men

I triumph at your expense and yet
something in my heart cannot quite soar
for though you have given me all I craved
and more, far, far more
yet mankind crawls belly down
desperately clinging to life
while I feel, shame for me to admit it,
bored
my enemies have let me down
this victory comes too cheap
I scarce can celebrate

No comments:

Post a Comment