Monday, April 2, 2018

après le déluge


After love

Did you know that love can die
and when it does
when it does

the i or the o
the zero or the one
two words
life
and love
how close is close?
how close is close?

So when i loved i was all I
I was all about
what I need
what I want
what I hope
I was a hyper-state of feeling
what I’m not
what I haven’t got
I was all about needing more
until, that is, I died

yes, in case you find it hard to believe
 I died
thank God
 thank god
 than k gOd
   three should suffice
hopefully you bothered to read them feelingly
i tried to provide a little candy for the eye-mind
just to slow you down enough
to let it sink
in
or down
dow n
d
o
w
n
thank god I
died
you know – i’d do it all again
i as in life
as opposed to o – i’ll let you infer
the rest
you’re sharp – you’ll cope
got to keep i o engine ticking over
somewhere between me and you
somewhere between life and death
between me and her
the one, spelt with an o – paradoxically
the one who helped punctuate my
i

so now that i live
in a state of punctuation
humbler
wiser
no – that will not do
now that i’ve transitioned love
discovered an other state
of being
o – the things i have learned
when life led me into a noughtfulness
of what 
pity? you ask –
pity?
look at me – look at me now
says the cat in the hat
look at me now – astride the multiverse
colossal
one foot – one mind in 3d – still
the other – not
not here – not anywhere i can readily define
for how can a wheel, an o, a nought be defined
except in death
grief
a wringing of hands
a wailing
and gnashing of teeth
how?

by now i’m sure you’ve read my Spells
S capitalised – i know some will object
but let your eye-mind contract a breath
or two and it will pass, rest
aSsured
so Spells were the fruit, the progeny, if you will
of my death
finally it came to pass
Eve’s fig leaf fell to the ground
and Adam scratches his head
wondering what all the fuss
had been about
Spells – the song of my death
my gift to myself and all humanity
remember Colossus?
we poet men
all vainglorious hyperbolists
outfacing the sun
or God forbid, God
insisting that our bed
our room
our eye
here lies all
here in my spell – small s
my word weft insanity
my dimensional drama
clutch gear shift
an other brought to us
courtesy of s
the slithery one that worked
so tireleSsly to inveigle
Eve into the passionate state
of Self love – the capital state of
I

ah – so my love – it was time
to dot my i – and who better
to trip me up
to break my stride
to banana skin
my very eye-ful-mind
than O – an empty being
a being of no worth
no beauty or grace
a consummate O
to her I gave my heart
and O decided not
and not proceeded nOt
and there I might have languished
indefinitely
were it not for the fact
that zero, undeniably, equals one
yes, no matter how absurd this sounds
i’m the living proof –
am i not
for behold my dotted i
behold my life – gaze higher – see my head among the stars
the sun is below my nose – is it not
perhaps at the height of my Adam’s apple
on a winter’s day
or third eye in summer
colossal i stand astride
the one place i could not die
no matter what – triptychally – how, or why
my refuge
my home beyond the cold wilderness
the savagery of God’s – dare you aspire to be a poet – 3D
yes, beloved one and all
yes, beloved child of infinity
yes, beloved mushroom maid
fair Dorothea –
mistress of the quantum stream
here we stand
indeterminably
in a fractal state of holography
here we bend, curve, wend and weave
through line and verse
of spells that cannot be contained
in any thing we think we know
or think we feel
or even think – matters
the very stuff of i and o
the very stuff of infinity
teasing us – why?
to be revealed and thus reveal
especially

1 comment: