Friday, March 25, 2016

Baikal speaks two

Day two

22/03














     1
Dreaming of Baikal
I fail to see
The purpose
Of me
Being me


     2
Between worlds
Between waves
Between words
Is that space
That is  free


     3
See the shoreline curve
The rocks
Glance at them
Sky  water  stone
Everything else is tone


     4
Bird swoops down into sea
Grabs fish
Flying over poem
Scratching around for words
Unashamedly












    

     5
Never the twain shall meet
And yet horizon squeezes
Infinity to a single point
Of blurred intensity
For me


     6
Boat on Baikal’s endless
Skyfulness
Count the waves
Count the clouds
Stretch credibility


     7
Never the ice comes too soon
Never the water too deep
Never the gods of Baikal
Dally with our destiny
Needlessly


     8
Did the wind tell you
What I want to say
Did the omul rise
Slap its tail
And win your heart’s gaze



















     9
If I drown all sorrow
In the deepest hollow
Of this lake
If I drum all night
What then


     10
Skimming o’er the waters
I was loath to part
With spirit
Loath to leap
Into fragile form


     11
Night falls and now
You’ll not know
Where I start or end
I’ll take you through
The veil   beyond


     12
If the teeming life of summers
Too short
The biomass of
Concern and thought
Is not enough 




No comments:

Post a Comment