Friday, March 25, 2016

Baikal speaks

Day one
21/03

     










     1
Calling across the ages of eternity
I sign my name
With a song
On the cover page
Of Baikal


     2
Clapping my hands
I snap time in two
Syncopating time and space
Writing lines
Of intent


     3
Across the waters of Baikal
A world awaits
Not yet born
Not yet ready
To assume place


    4
Did I tell you
How Baikal holds
The memories of
The human race
Did I tell you


     5
The morning breaks
Cold and clear
No morning ever spoke
My name
As you do


     6
Baikal shrugs as hail
Spickles its surface
When will you remember
Me
When will you


   











     7
Rising with the moon
I lay my hand upon
The night
And draw the empty
Star light


     8
If Baikal won’t say
How the world
Goes around
If Baikal won’t say
Baikal’s mood


     9
Dropping bombs of rain
Dropping bombs I rain
The waters of the world
Back into submission
Guilelessly


     10
Standing astride Baikal
The sky in my hair
The Earth in my bowels
Reaching along her shoreline
Tenderly


     11
Drumming my fingers
On the edge of eternity
Reaching into the depths
Of Blue
I hear you back


     12
Fizzing waters slide across
The wake
As glide and slop
The suck and skim
Of tuneful slake


1 comment: