Saturday, September 20, 2014

time to panic

Things are not looking good
0=1, tis no matter

 
I said things aren’t looking good
0=1, tis no matter, yes I know

Don’t you care? Haven’t you a heart?
Yes of course I care, tis no matter, 0=1

“0=1” you heartless bastard? Living in your ivory tower of abstract pleasing-your-selfness
Yes, indeed, I please myself, don’t we all?

I just told you – things are not looking good. I can hardly please myself at such a time
In such a state... No... Yes, I see

So what are you going to do to help?
Help? Why would I do to help when 0=1

Because you’re still a human being. You still have to eat. You can’t ignore completely the world
And you are the world knocking at my door? No, I cannot ignore your plight, my friend, and yet I cannot help

But you have to. I’m in need. You have to lend a hand
To what avail? 0=1. You want me to become a part of your drama – is that it?

No, just to help me extricate myself from it, to see me through, to tide me over
And how would I do that without denying your ultimate power, your sovereignty, your Self

Look, I’m not asking you to take over my life, just to lend a hand you know
Yes, 0=1, I know and yet I choose to celebrate the drama of not doing

The drama of not doing – that doesn’t sound very dramatic you selfish bastard
You just made it so, for your world attacks the silence it lacks with anger and hate

Silence is all very well, but not when I’m beset with troubles – we have to be practical you know
Yes, 0=1, so it is said and yet

You’re still unwilling to help? Well I’ve had enough. You’re going to help whether you like it or not – we’re flesh and blood, you know, and that counts no matter what
0=1, yes, I feel how it goes, and yet I be still and all is well

The law of diminishing returns...
The gentle rise and fall of all that is as breath holds sway, matter fading away

And the stillness rises like mist upon the lake as twilight falls
And things that mattered suddenly mean nothing at all



No comments:

Post a Comment