Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Baikal speaks trilogy

Day one
21/03

     










     1
Calling across the ages of eternity
I sign my name
With a song
On the cover page
Of Baikal


     2
Clapping my hands
I snap time in two
Syncopating time and space
Writing lines
Of intent


     3
Across the waters of Baikal
A world awaits
Not yet born
Not yet ready
To assume place


    4
Did I tell you
How Baikal holds
The memories of
The human race
Did I tell you


     5
The morning breaks
Cold and clear
No morning ever spoke
My name
As you do


     6
Baikal shrugs as hail
Spickles its surface
When will you remember
Me
When will you


   











     7
Rising with the moon
I lay my hand upon
The night
And draw the empty
Star light


     8
If Baikal won’t say
How the world
Goes around
If Baikal won’t say
Baikal’s mood


     9
Dropping bombs of rain
Dropping bombs I rain
The waters of the world
Back into submission
Guilelessly


     10
Standing astride Baikal
The sky in my hair
The Earth in my bowels
Reaching along her shoreline
Tenderly


     11
Drumming my fingers
On the edge of eternity
Reaching into the depths
Of Blue
I hear you back


     12
Fizzing waters slide across
The wake
As glide and slop
The suck and skim
Of tuneful slake







Day two
22/03

    
                                        
                                 
                                      
                                 
                                      
                                      
                                     

                                                                                                                                                     
     1
Dreaming of Baikal
I fail to see
The purpose
Of me
Being me


     2
Between worlds
Between waves
Between words
Is that space
That is  free


     3
See the shoreline curve
The rocks
Glance at them
Sky  water  stone
Everything else is tone


     4
Bird swoops down into sea
Grabs fish
Flying over poem
Scratching around for words
Unashamedly










                                                                                                       


     5
Never the twain shall meet
And yet horizon squeezes
Infinity to a single point
Of blurred intensity
For me


     6
Boat on Baikal’s endless
Skyfulness
Count the waves
Count the clouds
Stretch credibility


     7
Never the ice comes too soon
Never the water too deep
Never the gods of Baikal
Dally with our destiny
Needlessly


     8
Did the wind tell you
What I want to say
Did the omul rise
Slap its tail
And win your heart’s gaze














                                                                                                                                                                                                                
     9
If I drown all sorrow
In the deepest hollow
Of this lake
If I drum all night
What then


     10
Skimming o’er the waters
I was loath to part
With spirit
Loath to leap
Into fragile form


     11
Night falls and now
You’ll not know
Where I start or end
I’ll take you through
The veil   beyond


     12
If the teeming life of summers
Too short
The biomass of
Concern and thought
Is not enough 

















Day three
23/03




















     1
Draping my face
Across the page
Of Baikal’s
Wordlessness
I take the bait


     2
A penny for your thoughts
A gap big enough
To hold abysmal
Screams
and fathomless fears


     3
Despite the light
Despite reflective sight
Baikal’s darkness penetrates
My mind
And inter-plays


     4
Failing to see
Failing to breathe eternity 
My very own Baikal beauty  
                   message inaudible
Oh











                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
     5
Baikal sits astride my heart
A tart legs open wide
Lasciviously
Angel wings beat my brow 
Blue 


     6
Tossed into nullity 
Queen B
Reverses me 
Umbilically 
Out of lifelong woe


     7
Anger stirs the surface one last time
Cutting deep
Slashing tearing splicing
Line on line
Frown on frown


     8
Stepping out I dance
Across the lake
Feel me go
Feel the fallacies
Of things I think  I know











                                                                                                                                                                                                  
     9
Green the glass
Of bukhta-bay
Brimming story full 
Elves  fairies of Baikal
Sing well-a-day


     10
Baikal bleeds across the snow
Seal clubbed for pelt
                 broken thread
Things come and go
Humankind


     11
Mountains rim my drum
Baikal’s skin drawn tight
Flexing my utter resolve
I crow foot the tale
And beat sinewy time


     12
The world of things
Stars and night
Baikal’s fish eye
Rings them round
Girl widow bride





No comments:

Post a Comment