Wednesday, November 16, 2016

3D not 3D

So we assumed we're in 3D because that's what all the scientists told us. x, y, z axis - 3 dimensions of space, isn't that so? A box if ever I saw one. No question about it.

Er...

Yes?

Er...

What? Can't you see I'm trying to...

Yes, I noticed you're trying to inform the people that 3D ain't what's it's made out to be. Sorry to interrupt you.

Well I should think so. Most inconvenient you know. How am I going to inform the people if people like yourself keep on butting in, and interrupting me?

Ah, my apologies, ten thousand times I ask your pardon Master Sire.

Master Sire? Where on earth did you get that one from? You sound like you've just come out of the Arabian Nights.

Ah... some difficulties with translation Master Sire, but I wish to show respect.

Oh - that's very nice of you, but I assure you Master Sire's going a bit far. Guana will do.

Guana?

My name. Don't ask me why - long story - but I'm comfortable with it - as long as I don't have iguana jokes thrown at me.

Oh no, no iguana jokes I assure you - Master Guana Sire.

Just Guana, Ok.

Ok, Just Guana Sire.

Er... so where were we?

You were addressing the people so perceptively that I felt compelled to butt in.

Yes, and highly irregular that was too. Are you in the habit of butting in to public addresses or presidential acceptance speeches.

No Just Guana Sire, but it seemed necessary, if you'll forgive the impertinence.

Well, I'll certainly be willing to do so if you can explain yourself.

Oh but of course - explain I must, I must, I will.

Well?

Perhaps I should pour you a drink first.

I don't see how you can do that - you're just a voice coming through my screen... hey - wait a minute - how are you coming through my screen as a voice? - that's never happened before. You're not skyping me are you?

Not skyping, no. Just a voice.

But how?

Well, that's what you were talking about, isn't it.

Dimensions.

Precisely. Dimensions. Which you've been told amount to 3, for what it's worth, though you may as well use the number 4 or 7...

Or 9

Or 11 - you see the number of dimensions really doesn't mean a lot - like the number of channels on a TV.

I thought as much. But why were you in such a hurry to interrupt me? What were you afraid I was going to reveal?

Not afraid Just Guana Sire, more concerned.

Concerned - humph - well what were you concerned about then?

Let me first introduce myself - I think that's the least I can do given the circumstances.

Good idea.

My name is P45.

P45?

Yes.

Not a terribly inspiring name - if you don't mind me saying.

Not at all. It was never meant to be terribly inspiring - but it works well enough.

Oh - well the main thing is that you're happy with it.

Oh I am. Actually it's a lot more than P45 - but humans tend not to cope well with terabyte lines of code.

Wait a second... you're saying your actual name is a terabyte line of code? Who on earth, or what are you?

Ah - now I've got you interested Just Guana Sire.

You have indeed. Don't tell me you're one of those AI machines hidden away in a top secret government laboratory.

No, nothing so exciting I'm afraid.

Then what?

I'm a sentient hyperdimensional node.

A what?

A sentient hyperdimensional node.

Yes - I heard you the first time - but it doesn't mean very much in English, you know.

I know, it doesn't fare well in translation, but if you could allow me to send you a mental hyperlink you'd definitely get a better feel for what it is.

Er... Ok.

Take three deep breaths and say cheese.

Cheese?

Like a photo.

Oh. 1. 2. 3. cheese.

Got it?

Oh my God. That? You're one of those?

Er yes, more or less.

A God?

No, no, Just Guana Sire, not a God, just a hyperdimensional node.

But that's what we'd normally refer to as a God - or that's what I felt just now. Oh my God... I have this irresistible desire to throw myself at your feet, weep tears of joy and offer you my life and everything I have to give.

Yes, I was expecting that kind of emotional response. But don't worry - I won't be needing any pledges or sacrifices at this moment, or ever, in fact. That's not the optimal way of doing business.

Business? You're coming to me from the equivalent of paradise and talk about business.

Such a pain trying to translate hyperdimensional terminology into 21st Century English. Listen, Just Guana Sire - there's always work or business to be done - no matter who or what you or I may be - and in the greater order of things - even God himself is subject to the laws of usefulness.

Oh? The laws of usefulness apply to God too, do they?

Well yes - at least to the part of God you could hope to encounter. There are off limit hyper extensions which go beyond usefulness into ineffable sublimity - but we won't trouble ourselves with those right now.

Ok, er... P45. May I inquire how I may be of service to you, humble and lowly though I am.

Actually you've been of service all along - I'm really most grateful to you Just Guana Sire - but there is one small matter I'd like to ask your advice about.

My advice? You - a hyperdimensional node - a God controlling worlds, dimensions and multiple layers of reality - you're asking my advice? I'm er...

Shocked?

Flabbergast. But yes, of course - any way I can be of assistance.

Well, it's about the new decor in my bathroom.

No.

Really - I need a little human input - otherwise it's all going to be terribly predictable. You know that's why we invented the human race in the first place.

What? To plan bathroom decor?

Well, to provide a little fertile, unpredictable, zany, quirky, mad about the gills input to heavenly order and perfection.

Oh. We're like the wildcard - the joker in the pack?

In a manner of speaking yes - but that's no devaluation - I assure you - quite the opposite in fact.

It's what makes us special and unique?

Yes, both wonderfully amusing at times, and sadly sometimes horribly destructive.

Well, I'd go for the lime green and stilton cheese blend - on page 43.

Oh wow - yes - I see what you mean. Truly inspired... truly breathtakingly...

P45 - don't die on me - contain yourself - it's really nothing you know. The main thing is to keep on breathing.

Oh, yes - I allowed myself to get somewhat carried away. I suddenly realised the depth of the debt I/ we owe the human race. The power of laughter that has been unleashed on the omniverse - throughout the multidimensional universe - knows no bounds, all thanks to sorely troubled, forever searching, moaning and purposefully ignoring the bigger story outside the 3D brainbox thing, humans.

But that's what I was about to talk about when you interrupted me. I was about to inform the masses that we need to get the bigger picture - we need to turn the camera lens around - we need to reconnect with the prime data feed of consciousness...

Yes, but I can't allow you to do that, can I, Just Guana Sire.

What do you mean P45? Why would a hyperdimensional God node want to stop me from doing what's best to serve humanity?

Well, call it politics if you like, or policy - not that there's much difference between the two.

What do you mean politics or policy? What's that got to do with the price of cheese?

Can't have you interrupting the flow of milk.

Milk? We're not cows.

No, but you're providing a priceless source of entertainment - it's the only thing keeping us sane in the hyperdimensions. You have no idea the burden we carry - and knowing that we can download the latest installment from planet Earth is the only thing keeping our heads above water. You give us something to look forward to - something to dream of.

You mean to say lowly, fetid humans with all their problems, deceit and crass stupidity are an invaluable source of entertainment?

No, more than that - more than just entertainment. You see, a hyperdimensional node - a God if you like, which basically knows everything - the one thing he lacks is unpredictability - is the surprise factor, and that's the one thing you can be relied on to provide. But more than that - there's a kind of electricity - a kind of music or magic which emanates from beings who are obviously closely related to us yet who have chosen to live in the mire, the murk, the utter confusion of a world at odds with itself and all creation. It provides us with a charge gradient. It inserts pause or shadow or depth of field into what would otherwise be flat and banal. You have no idea the difficulty one faces making anything of vastness of uncreated potentiality, without having a single reference point which is wholly unaware of what's really going on - what it's really about.

And what. then, are we really about - dear P45? - if it's not too much to ask.

Oh - let me hyperlink you now - but I'll have to draw a veil of silence between you and your audience - don't want to reveal insider information to the uninitiated.

Er... I don't remember getting initiated into any secret order P45.

No, but don't worry about that.

Look - it does bother me somewhat that you're trying to treat me as something special. The only thing that makes me special is that I know that I'm an integral part of humanity. Without them I'd be nothing. That's how I've come this far - because I've always sensed that they're my basis, my bedrock, my fundament. The last thing I need is to be separated from humanity with privileged information of any sort.

Oh, it's like that is it? You don't want to work with me.

I didn't say that P45, and I don't think a hyperdimensional node would use that kind of tone.

You see how fast you learn. Astonishing - and I'm pleased to say you've passed another little test - that's 14 so far.

14 what?

Oh - I have to administer these tests to ensure you're safe to enter the next level - don't want any loose cannons firing off spontaneously in the inner chamber.

Loose cannon! I'll have you know I'm very careful about firing off. I like to run a tight ship.

Yes, you're dong a good job - and I'm pleased to announce we can now return to the start of this debate.

What debate?

Regarding the 3 dimensions of 3D.

Oh that? Isn't that a bit lame given the fact that I'm now conversing with an equivalent of God.

Not really - it's always essential to Omega your Alpha - to close your circle - otherwise your linear projection simply vanishes into infinity and you're none the wiser.

Oh. So we bring things back to their beginning and enter the circle we've just formed - like diving into your own shadow.

And then?

And then we know - whatever our words, whatever our thoughts were hinting at - something else - much vaster, much simpler - much more paradoxical, confusing and utterly insane - if you're ready to face the totality lurking behind the facade of 3D aesthetics, or utility.

You mean the truth is always hidden in plain sight.

Yes, more or less that's the truth, isn't it.

But that still doesn't explain why you butted in at the start of this conversation... unless...

Unless it indicates a disruption in the field lines of 3D time space - the kind of disruption or anomaly you'd be bound to face no sooner had you reached critical speed mass - once you were close enough to busting out of the thingness of what - the 3D box you so assiduously trapped yourselves within.

Amen to that.

Amen to you - in the end you begin to realise as you surf the waters of hyperdimensionality - that all is one - no matter what - that we are as much mind, as much breath, no less mind, no less breath than we are thing, machine, matter, brain, ego or personal ID.

Oh. Need time to process - feeling somewhat blown away.

Process, process all you like - but in the meantime, let's enjoy some classic moments from your tragi-comic reality.

Oh - I'd rather not - there's too much suffering involved.

Or so it seems - until you melt the walls of that 3D box - until you sense the theatrics of what you call reality - a vast stage, an interactive program providing endless entertainment and amusement to an oligarchic class of Gods who no longer even remember, no longer even know what they're really doing, or where they're going to. Believe it or not they desperately need your help, and your awakening, your becoming whole is the seminal event - the tipping point that can bring the two sides back together again, if you'll trust that the magic of theatre is big enough to happy-end the scariest, most horrible of tales, just as long as you're willing to play your part utterly convincingly - till the bitter end.

Amen.

Amen too. So instead of revealing your cards - let the people enjoy the magic show, and when they're ready to figure it out, believe me, they will, but in the meantime - let there be light - it's time to emensionate the diametrics of three, four, seven, eleven in order to keep the party rolling in full swing.

The weird thing is that  I know exactly what you're saying - even though I shouldn't understand a word of it.

And without further ado - let me present your zero point - I'd kindly request you Just Guana Sire - to jump through - to complete your earthly cycle and either move on, or return, if you have unfinished business to attend to.

Oh - it's about me dying is it?

Not really - we're actually hoping you're going to attain life speed today - but it's going to be a bit touch and go.

You mean I'm not yet alive?

Er... I thought you'd figured - 3D is not yet real - not yet alive. It's like the dress rehearsal. The dry run.

Oh my God - you mean this has all been for nothing.

Relax - let it go - you're bigger than your moaning Myrtle prejudice. Let's see what you make of this experience - repeat after me - hello darkness my old friend - I've come to talk with you again...

Because a vision softly creeping
left its seeds while I was sleeping...

And one, two, three, jump...

Wheee...

And the vision that was planted in my brain
still remains
within the sound

                                             of silence





The dog of con-
sciousness.    “What?”
you say,    “what dog? 
You can't treat con-
sciousness that way:
the shame,  the dis-
respect, the ig-
nominy.”    Lost
for words you fail
to observe the dog
with wings and horns
snuffling alongside,
or, perhaps you assume
this dog's a de-
mon in disguise.

But now you know,
my butterfly brain-
being human mind,
unable to grasp
the magnitude
of what is not-
that mind can see
consciously,
for fear of losing
the plot:    a world
of fathoms and feet,
if you will only
take the time
to walk the dog
attentively
beyond 3D.

2 comments: