Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Baikal.is /episode 2


100


Merry’s back home trying to figure out what the hell he’s going to do… $100 000 – the money is the only thing convincing him that this isn’t some kind of a joke. But regardless of the money, it’s something else that’s working upon Merry now – like a curtain’s been pulled back and another world – which was in the shadows – close enough to be felt, but still invisible, is now pulsating, rocking him… Merry feels the ground under his feet growing eerily spongy, no longer brittle and unyielding. This is going too far – it’s all very well writing about the quantum field – quite another thing feeling it invading your space – turning 3D reality into some kind of too-close-for-comfort Matrix movie.

What’s up Merry – you’re looking kinda rough?

Not feeling too good Sveta.

Something you ate?

You could say. Maybe I should send back the money.

What money?

Oh – that meeting today – the guy transferred $100 000 to my account.

How?

I’ve no idea. It was his way of getting my attention – convincing me that this was a serious proposal.

So, have you agreed to anything?

No – not yet. There’s a contract – pretty short. I have to write this sci-fi thriller which is set in or around Lake Baikal.

Lake Baikal?

Yeah – that’s the deal. It’s gotta be some kind of portal to another reality.

And? Can you do it?

Do I want to?

What’s the money?

A million dollars up front.

shiz

Another million on completion.

God almighty.

Like I said – these guys mean business.

Then what’s stopping you? Fortune’s just given you the biggest high five ever.

Er… it’s not that simple Sveta.

No? They want you to write it in Cantonese? – we’ll find a good translator.

No, quit fooling around.

Then what?

This thing’s for real.

Too right it is.

I mean the Baikal portal. It’s… I can feel it.

Great – that’s gonna make writing the story even easier.

You don’t get it, Sveta – this isn’t a joke. It’s like an abyss and I’m teetering on the edge.

Whoa – calm down man. You’re making it sound like getting married. We sorted that out – no need to make a commitment. We’ll just take it day by day.

I’m serious. They need me to write it there.

There?

At Lake Baikal. That way they’ll be able to protect me from hitmen.

Uh?

Apparently, there are agencies or organisations that do not want this thing to be written. They’re monitoring everything I write, everything I say, everything I do.

Everything?

Trust me Sveta. There’s nothing they don’t know – oh, and you’re part of the agreement. They won’t be able to leave you here. Apparently, you’d be targeted to get to me.

Holy shit. Well, I mean – it’s not as if I really like my job – and if you’re willing to share some of your fee – I’d be happy to come along.

You would?

Yeah, why not.

How much?

Oh – I don’t know. 50%?

You want $500 000 to come on an extended trip to lake Baikal?

Well, why not? Let’s both enjoy the good times together. Tell you what… you can give me half up front…

And the other half on completion?

You guessed.

It’s a deal.

Just don’t go all weird on me – ok. Portals and alternate realities are great – but I need you to be my man, not just a sci-fi geek.

I’ll do my best. You’re sure about this?

Since when has “being sure” been part of my game plan?

You know what I mean.

So do you. Resistance is futile, as they say. Whatever made you agree to my whopping fee?

We could renegotiate.

Not on your life. If I’m coming along it’s because I’m meant to be part of this too – and something tells me it’s gonna need a male-female dualism to succeed.

And something tells me you’re a mean cut-throat business woman.

Absolutely.

Well, that’s settled then. Let the tango begin. We’d better let Sergei know the decision’s been made.

Oh – I expect he’s already heard.

Yeah, you’re right.
[stage voice] Sergei, you’re welcome to drop in and pick up the contract any time it’s convenient.
[Merry signs the papers] Now, let’s hit the sack – partner.





101

Night time. Sveta and Merry are sleeping. Merry gets spun round faster and faster – until he feels he’s disintegrating – scared for half a moment – then – Baikal – flying over it, around it, under the ice. She seems to be saying “welcome Merry”!

I know I’m just dreaming.

Like hell you are.

Sveta? What are you doing here, in my dream?

Not exactly Sveta.

Huh?

I was Sveta back in Moscow – but as you can see we’re no longer in Moscow.

Yeah – pretty neat – but this is just a dream, so, I think I’ll do a bit more of that magical flying around stunt.

I don’t have time for that.

What do you mean – I’ve got all night.

Look around kiddo – does it look like night?

No.

Now hold still.

Hey – what are you doing.

It’s administrative. You need access protocols.

Huh? Ow – ow – ow – ow.  What are you doing to me. Stop it. Now!

There you are – that wasn’t so bad, was it?

Who gave you the right to inflict pain on me like that – in my own dream?

Merry – look at your right arm, closely.

Holy shit.

Ever seen anything like that before in a dream – or while waking for that matter?

Er – no. What the hell is it?

In your parlance – a kind of hologram – though that’s not strictly correct.

It looks amazing. The depth. Wait a minute – those figures seem to be…

Moving? Well yes – why would expect them to stay still?

But then – what’s going on in my arm?

Nothing. Your arm’s like the screen.

So how come this dream’s so darn real. Is it something I ate?

I expect it’ll take a while longer to get used to this. Do you know where you are?

Yeah – I’m in bed in Moscow. It’s the night. I’m dreaming that I’m standing next to lake Baikal with my girlfriend Sveta – except she seems to have been taken over by some tattoo loving entity.

Right. Here goes. 3 2 1 [splash – Merry falls in the lake. Rises and drags himself out spluttering.]

Jesus Christ. This is some dream. Is it anything to do with what Sergei Kolchak was speaking about – regarding Baikal being some kind of quantum portal?

Yes, except we’re working backwards, as usual.

Huh?

Well, anyone who has a role to play at the quantum level enters from the other end of the proceedings. Period.

You mean – from the future.

Yep. That’s why you were so good at writing prose with a massive Quantum Saturation level.

Because I come from the future.

Not exactly. Strictly speaking there is no future.

Then what?

You projected back into a world which is almost completely divorced from reality – into a kind of bubble – because the signal was being hijacked by bad actors.

Ok, if you say so.

The bad actors are entitled to do whatever they like – up to a point – but everything they do has consequences at the quantum level.

It does?

Yep, which is why you’re able to do what you’re doing. The strict Newtonian laws have now been superseded because the agents of entropy have been bending the rules too far. That’s why you’re here. They triggered a stop loss.

A what?

You know – a stop loss – like in trading.

Absolutely. They raised the ante – so that triggered a sell order on the other side. The further they go – towards World War three or a totalitarian takeover – the more the quantum other – which is the other side of whoever/ whatever they are – flexes its muscles, maintaining a kind of balance.

Oh.

So, working backwards, as we have to – that dream you had in Moscow

Dream? That was real – this is a dream.

Brought you back to where you were basing your energy, basing your consciousness all along.

You mean – I’ve always been here?

Like I said – you’ve been basing your energy, your consciousness here.

Bizarre.

Moscow has gone.

It has? No, you’ve gotta be kidding.

That Moscow has gone. If there’s another one – it’s accessible if you complete your mission.

Wait a minute – it doesn’t say anything about Moscow disappearing in that contract.

It didn’t need to. Moscow and all those so called “cities” are the product of the bad actors who wish to corral the people into their energy devices, and prevent them at all costs from attaining their singularity.

Sing-u-what?

Singularity. The average person assumes he’s a mere cog in a huge wheel, a tiny footnote in a vast, impersonal universe, little suspecting the power at our disposal – a power orders of magnitude beyond what their cities are able to generate.

So Moscow is some kind of evil invention – you’re saying – by people who want to use the quantum energy latent in human consciousness?

That’s right. The whole “modern” movement is a concerted disconnection of mankind from nature, from his roots, from his inner power – into a shallow, materialistic reality in which man is utterly impotised – unless he awakens.

Well, that’s one hell of a conspiracy theory you’ve got going there Sveta – but if you don’t mind – I think I’ll just wake up now in my bed, and wait for the regular plane flight to bring me here.

Plane flight?

Yes, that’s how people usually travel.

Er… Merry – do you want me to run a few simulations of what happens if you try to come here by plane, train, car or any other form of transport they control.

Just a regular plane. Why do I need a simulation?

You don’t seem to get it. Here – I’ll download these directly into your mind.  [Merry sees countless planes, helicopters, trains etc. exploding on the way]

You just made that up.

Not possible.

What do you mean – not possible? You have the technology to insert images directly into my brain, and to pull me into a dream which seems to be more real than reality itself. Of course you could…

You don’t understand. Our “technology” as you call it – is consensual – it involves no deception or subterfuge – for that would interfere with and collapse the quantum wave we live in.

It would?

Yes.

You mean you have to tell me the truth no matter what?

Yes, for what it’s worth – but the tricky part isn’t what we might reveal – there’s basically nothing to conceal – everything is interconnected to such a degree that every thought, action, word or intention affects the ongoing distribution of potentialities as the field Isms. Much more it’s a case of the huge limitations imposed on any mind that refuses to be open with itself – open with source – with the Field, for then you get tangled up in your own deceit, your own ridiculously predictable “cleverness”.

Oh.

So fire ahead – ask anything you like.

How come you appear to be Sveta – if you’re not?

It’s a good question. I can upload the answer if you want to know the whole truth.

Just tell me in words, if you don’t mind.

Well, I’m between Svetas.

Huh?

The Sveta you have in Moscow is a version of me in that particular reality. You know those multi-stage rockets that launch tiny little craft into space – we’re the same really. At our base, at core we’re vast – incredibly powerful beings – but to access parts of reality, or parts of the matrix we need to work in – we had to project ever smaller parts of ourselves ever further into the virtual reality, the non-sense, the insanity that is the 21st Century that you now appear to be in. Usually the projection comes from a holding centre controlled by Lords of Entropy – for they’ve managed to set containment fields around the penultimate stage of the rocket – keeping what you think of as your soul in a kind of prison – thus giving them huge power over your physical entity, but in my case – Sveta comes directly through Baikal itself.

You mean she knew what was going on all along?

No more than you did. Data is always released, or revealed, on a need-to-know basis.

Holy shit. But it was a set up – wasn’t it. She only loved me in order to bring me here – is that it?

Talk about paranoia! How can you, who write so beautifully of the quantum field, be so blind to its presence in your life? You know full well that the chicken-and-egg paradox exists because things don’t essentially flow one way, or even two. Apart from time there’s x – the unknowable unknown – which just crops up – as if from nowhere – because the quantum field is not, cannot be, contained – no matter how hard they try. So, you have the appearance of flow, of progression, of cause and effect, and at the same time there is back channel which allows things to shift, not change, and when they shift it’s like a whole temporal line extending into imaginary past as well as imaginary future shifts too. Whereas a minute ago no one knew anything about zobbles – suddenly we’ve always known about them – read books about them, enjoyed watching them, eating them, imitated their mating calls – and almost no one notices the shift that’s just been incorporated seamlessly.

Almost no one?

A few do – the crazy folk who don’t fit into society, or people who still have a direct uplink.

And how many people are there with that?

Less than one percent. Most of you are derivative.

Shit.

So, if you like, if you really want – you can wake up in Moscow now and see how it feels.

Huh?

Well – you’ve just been experiencing a more real, cleaner, purer version of yourself and your reality. Going back into the preceding version’s going to feel – how can I put it – weird.

Ok – give me weird. I need to feel like I’m in control.

Done.



No comments:

Post a Comment